Friday, September 18, 2009

Samuel Hallegua the warden of cochin Pardesi synagogue passed away.


78 years old man with a wide knowledge that was Samuel hallegua. when i met him 2 years ago he was quiet healthy and was happy to invite me o his home and had talked to me for a long time and after that i had showed my Torah to him and after that i gave him an oil painting of a menorah and shawl.and even i gave him a copy of ten commendment in hebrew handwritten by me and for a long time i didnt met him as iwas away from my hometown for my studies.recently when i came back to my home from sarah aunty i came to know about him that he is suffering from disease.
god didnt gave him a chance to see next Rosh Hashanah which is on 19th of this month.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for your sensitive portrayal of our friend Sammy Uncle. I am a Jew who has been living in Fort Cochin the past 7 years and knew Sammy well. I hope to meet you when I return and see some of your work. Have a Happy Eid!!

Thoufeek Zakriya said...

hai,chaim
i hope i have seened you when i was doing my pre-degree studies i studied in Santa Cruz school,and i had seen you from there wearing a blue t-shirt and white mundu and kippah 2 or 3 years ago and even i had seen you from Koder House on the last Hanuka but i didnt get a chance to talk to you well i do like to talk to you for that i had even tried to meet you twice but you was away from home after that i came to know that you had shifted the house and i dont know where are you now. so well
mail me at thoufeekzak@gmail.com
hope we can meet as soon as possible my friend

Anonymous said...

You have really great taste on catch article titles, even when you are not interested in this topic you push to read it

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.